Peppermint has a refreshing and stimulating minty aroma that invigorates and awakens the senses. It has been used historically as a digestive aid and for respiratory health. It also has a cooling effect and aids in concentration and focus.
With more than 16 therapeutic properties to offer, peppermint packs a punch in its natural healing abilities.
- Peppermint is a great natural aid for all kinds of digestive issues such as gas, indigestion, bloating, colic, and nausea. Dilute 4 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil and massage your abdomen area in circular motion.
- Running a fever? Try peppermint - this oil has a cooling effect on the body which can help in reducing a fever. Add a drop or 2 in a bowl of water, use a washcloth to carefully rub over your neck, back of neck, shoulders and head or if you have sensitive skin, you can dilute 1-3 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil and apply.
- Peppermint has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties and is useful in relieving pain from sore muscles, sprains, strains and bruises. Dilute 6 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil and apply on affected area.
- Freshen up your breath – add a drop of peppermint to your toothpaste..brush and rinse as usual and start your day with a minty fresh breath.
- Are your feet tired from walking in those heels? Well then this is a must do. Soak your feet in a peppermint foot bath with 2 drops of peppermint and 2 tablespoons of Epson salt.
- Do you have sinus congestion, allergies or running a cold? Peppermint is your new friend. Add a drop to the palms of your hands, rub together and inhale deeply. Peppermint is a natural decongestant and will help relief congested sinuses. You can also add 3-6 drops in your diffuser to help relieve congestion.